JACKS CONTINUE ROAD TRIP AT STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
|Game 3 | South Dakota State (1-1) at Stephen F. Austin (2-0)|
|When||Sunday, Nov. 14 – 2 p.m.|
|Where||Nacogdoches, Texas (William R. Johnson Coliseum)|
|Live Audio / Radio||Jackrabbits All-Access | Jackrabbit Sports Network (570 AM & 910 AM) I Al Bahe|
|Live Video||Live Stream on fuboTV: Start with a 7-day free trial!|
|Game Notes||South Dakota State|
|Social Media||Twitter I Facebook|
South Dakota State (1-1) will close out its two-game road trip at Stephen F. Austin (2-0) Sunday afternoon. Tip from Nacogdoches, Texas is set for 2 p.m. and the game can be viewed live on ESPN+.
This will mark the first-ever meeting between South Dakota State and Stephen F. Austin.
NEWS & NOTES
- After picking up an 81-65 win over Bradley at home to start the season, South Dakota State dropped its first road contest, 104-88, at No. 13/14 Alabama Friday night.
- Noah Freidel led the Jackrabbits with 23 points in the loss to the Tide while Zeke Mayo, Douglas Wilson and Alex Arians all finished with 12 points. Baylor Scheierman finished with his 15th-career double-double (10 pts./18 reb.).
- Scheierman is one of six players in the country to grab at least 18 rebounds in a double-double so far this season (11/12 vs. Alabama). He is one of three players in the nation with two games of at least 10 points/14 rebounds to start the year.
- Scheierman ranks first in the nation in defensive rebounds per game, averaging 16.0 on the year. All 32 of his rebounds, which ranks third in the country, have been defensive rebounds. His 18-rebound performance against Alabama were the most by a Jackrabbit in a game since Mike Daum grabbed 20 against Purdue Fort Wayne in 2019.
- Freidel leads SDSU in scoring so far this season, averaging 19.5 points/game.
- Luke Appel dished out a career-best six assists to go along with six points and five rebounds in 21 minutes last time out against Alabama.
- Against Alabama, Douglas Wilson scored 12 points in just 13 minutes of action before fouling out with just over six minutes remaining in the contest. It was his 45th career, and second consecutive, game in double figures.
- The Jacks’ 88-104 loss to Alabama marked the 30th time SDSU has scored 80+ points under Eric Henderson.
- SDSU ranks 31st in the country in FT% (83.0%) and 25th nationally in free throws made (39).
- Stephen F. Austin is out to a 2-0 start on the year after home wins against LSU-Alexandria and the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor.
- Gavin Kensmil leads the ‘Jacks in scoring, averaging 16.0 per game.
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 18th nationally in turnovers forced, averaging 22.5 per game.
- The ‘Jacks finished the 2020-21 season with a 16-5 record.